Empty the chat input field
Loading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
Way she goes, boys.

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 496,395

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Double fuck laptops

The computer companies. make em disposable. Been working on one most of the day. Only to discover it has a bumb hard drive I only discovered this after the work. By removing it from the machines case. No warning no error report BIOS even passed the thing.so I go to replace it a new one is 100 bones. That's not terrible expensive but for the time involved and the need to disassemble a good portion of this model. Its almost not worth it. And tech support is nonexistant even per sites are full of slack jaw mouth breathers and don't dare call the manufactufer cause the treat you like you hijacked the damn machine fr em and you owe em something or they don't speak the good English
Old 03-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
Official CIA Drugwhore

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 1,715,277,115,255

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20

GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!GTFO This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Send a message via ICQ to GTFO Send a message via AIM to GTFO Send a message via MSN to GTFO
Re: Double fuck laptops

yeah even ASUS who is a good company once sent me a netbook with the wrong HD installed in it. worked for like 3 days.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:33 AM   #3
in need of a μse

Location: gated community, ivory tower, depends on who you ask
MIIDAJ? Scrill: 3,664,724,214,990

Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20

TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

My Macbook is a 2009 and still works like a dream. I upgraded the HD to a 128gb solid state and replaced the 2gb of ram with 8gb, but that is the only work I have done to it. Considering I got the laptop for free, the ram upgrade was $60 and the ssd hd was about $150... not bad.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:35 AM   #4
Official CIA Drugwhore

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20

Send a message via ICQ to GTFO Send a message via AIM to GTFO Send a message via MSN to GTFO

i know lots of people who have had lots of problems with apple. i hear all the time the apple store people are incompetent and say they cant fix anything, you gotta buy a new one. broken iphone is the number one thing i hear this about. anyway ive had the same PC for 7 years, ive rebuilt and upgraded it myself and it works like a charm, and its still cutting edge. a mac woulda cost 4x more money, and would be obsolete.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:51 AM   #5
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20

I rarely hear about problems with Macbooks, but they exist I am sure. All of my friends that use Macs have had a pretty solid experience with their laptops. I don't know too many people with iPhones anymore to be honest. But I've heard some shit about those too.

I paid $210, which was the cost of the RAM and new hard drive. I'd have paid at least double if I bought another PC laptop.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:52 AM   #6
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20

I take that back. I did pay $19.99 to upgrade to the latest version of OSX. So make that $230.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:59 AM   #7
Official CIA Drugwhore

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20

yeah i cant say mac is a bad product, but their approach is purely money. say you have a problem and youre like most people who dont have the money to cough up, youre screwed. i like pcs, and android, and i like tacos.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:01 AM   #8
Official CIA Drugwhore

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20

regarding the money to cough up, with my pc i can get parts and shit for next to nothing. and easily replace them. same with android phones. you cant even take the battery out of an iphone. i got 2 for mine, and a battery only charger. whole gettup only costs me 10 bucks, and my phone is always charged, which means alot in my line of work.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #9
Forum Maintenance Engineer

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 719,402,859,611,368

Activity Longevity
6/20 20/20

AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

The difference in reliability is how many units are in production. We are only talking about hardware. Hardware fails. Hard disk drives today WILL fail, it is a fact of life, drives were more reliable when the cost was over a dollar a GB. When costs are cut, quality suffers. But today, people want 2 TB of disk space for $100 dollars, they are cutting corners somewhere. You still do get what you pay for. I am now selling only Lenovo Laptops now and they have some minor issues, but no where near issues I've seen with other brands. Asus makes a great product too. They OEM a ton of their equipment .

The bottom line, especially for Apple, is the percentage of failure. For a company that sells Million and millions of devices, even a failure rate of 2% seems high, but it is actually pretty damn good. It mainly sucks when you are one of the 2%. Iphones are expected to have a higher incidence of failure, because of the nature of the device. They get banged, bumped, dropped etc. And they are not easily serviced, so Applecare is required on them, they go bad, Apple gives you a replacement.

There are some inherently bad things out there. Acer has gotten really flimsy, Toshiba and HP has many laptops aimed at consumers which are trash. IBM made the infamous Deskstar (Deathstar) hard drives, sold to Hitachi (who unbelievable did not change the name), I am not sure if I EVER saw one of these survive to the end of it's warranty.

And by the way, when new computers are selling for under $600 dollars, the Tech Support personnel are usually fucking helpless. the companies are not making profits high enough to staff support with anyone above a preschool reading and speaking level. Server Support is where the brains go, and even there I have run into complete retards.

One last item, most software support people are shamed by their hardware counterparts. The shear ignorance of tech support by software help desk people is dismal at best and laughable most of the time. Companies lose my business all the time based on the support they provide. And any company that makes you pay for support, and then you find the people there are as bright as 1st graders usually loses my recommendation overnight. Same for support given by people that cannot speak the language correctly enough to understand your name.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #10
Way she goes, boys.

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

I'd like to put some 12g rounds through the motherfucker It's less then two years old and the HD is a loss took it to the shop hooked it upi come to find out the thing failed the day it was installed
Old 03-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
Silly Cybin

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 207,006

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20

ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Originally Posted by AnnonUSA View Post
I am now selling only Lenovo Laptops now and they have some minor issues, but no where near issues I've seen with other brands. Asus makes a great product too. They OEM a ton of their equipment .

I used to push Lenovo to customers, less likley to get returns than some of the other known brands. That is untill my parents got one, fucked from the shop, then the replacement was fucked as well. So much for Lenovo. With superfast internet and SSD's becoming more and more affordable I think the time for HDD's is limited at best. All that flooding didn't help either.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #12
Silly Cybin

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20

Originally Posted by AnnonUSA View Post
Server Support is where the brains go, and even there I have run into complete retards.
Yup, We took over support for a community project. The previous server guy/Admin had pirated XP on a whole bunce of machines with AVG free edition for security (as well very badly set up servers). Stupid thing was they had bulk licenses for all versions of windows XP-7 64 bit premium and 5 licenses for sever 2008 R2. Fucking sorted that place out. Lucky he didn't cost the project a lot more than his wages.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #13
Forum Maintenance Engineer

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 719,402,859,611,368

Activity Longevity
6/20 20/20

Lenovo, like every other major company has two lines of products, Business class and Consumer class. Usually this is based mainly on Windows versions or bundled software. But it also translates to the quality of the builds.

The Thinkpad line of Laptops is tops, I have seen them thrown across the room, dropped from 12 feet above the floor and had a 200lb man stand on the closed cover of one for 10 minutes while talking to us, without damage.

The laptop line they sell for consumers are nothing very special but I have seen a few that are very good for their intended market. There can always be lemons of course, but I am not seeing that.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #14
Way she goes, boys.

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

I hat pre installed software bundles the fuck up computers. i have done far too much work on other peoples machines where as the installed software from the manufacturer was eating up a lions share of the systems resources or was making it impossible to install desired software Hp and Dell are the fuckin worst about it they will put entire operating system overlays on machines that can barley handle Vista It aggravates people and makes em think they need new equipment
Old 03-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #15
Silly Cybin

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20

Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
It aggravates people and makes em think they need new equipment
Which then used to cause me the dilemma, try to explain the situation to them so that they can really understand what software they need and how capable thier hardware is, leading to a simple cheap fix for me. Or just go with their idea and sell them a new PC. I normally go for the former, as we had tight margins on new PC's but software repairs are almost 100% profit.
Hp are the fucking worst for it, you seen the shit one of their printers drivers discs installs?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #16
Way she goes, boys.

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

Indeed just recently did a reinstall and of course HP partitioning system is a complete shit in the wind and the machine had lost ALL the drivers Chipsets Vista Drivers And the worst Printer drivers absolute non working always need extra shit and extra time dicking with the smallest settings SO FUCK YOU HP
Old 04-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #17
Slacker

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,064,262

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Send a message via AIM to Silent Steve

Originally Posted by TheBagman View Post
My Macbook is.......
Fag
Old 04-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #18
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20

better than your laptop son
Old 04-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #19
Slacker

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

HP is complete shit. I honestly wonder if they design their products to fail. Not only to make people cough up money to have it repaired but to force them to buy another laptop. They are not designed to last, kind of like HP's CEO's. The only laptops I would ever recommend to anyone is Asus. I feel like they have some quality products.

I've never owned a mac laptop, but I would run like hell from a mac desktop. They're overpriced, hard to work on, (almost) impossible to upgrade. Aesthetically they are very beautiful, but I prefer function over form.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #20
Slacker

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Originally Posted by TheBagman View Post
better than your laptop son
hhmm.. specs?
Old 04-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #21
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20

Originally Posted by Silent Steve View Post
hhmm.. specs?
Apple Macbook.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #22
Slacker

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Mac Fag.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:27 AM   #23
Way she goes, boys.

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

So I am back to building a custom rig Gonna buy top of the line everything down to the very basics Ne ed a new monitor and would like a new wireless keyboard and mouse nad maybe a second monitor. I want a shit ton of RAM a sick video card and a ton of expansion on the motherboard I want a super efficient cooling system and a built in cable modem so I don;t have to have the extra box trying to stay under 2000my company will give me 500 and I can sell my best laptop for probably 400 I will have to see what I can get.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #24
Silly Cybin

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20

Originally Posted by Silent Steve View Post
Mac Fag.

Ain't that the truth.