Empty the chat input field
Loading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #1
Released Due To Overcrowding

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 31,790,804,546

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!dan, muthafucka! This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

linux... HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!

in hindsight, maybe linux was beyond me. but it's installed now and i can't find the original hardware cds so i'm stuck with it. anyway, i'm leaving my dsl hooked up to this windows pc so i can look shit up on the net if things get fubar so the first thing i have decided to do with the laptop is making the wireless card work because internetz always comes first. i went to the opensuse website and was further directed to some MadWiFi website where I found the drivers necessary to make my card work. so now I have a .bz2 and a .gz file and i'm supposed to... compile the source code within. no freakin clue how to do that shit. also have no idea whether i'm in a 2.4 kernel or some 2.6 shit? please help me before i do something (even more) retarded
Old 11-17-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
in need of a μse

Location: gated community, ivory tower, depends on who you ask
MIIDAJ? Scrill: 3,664,724,214,990

Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20

TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Re: linux... HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!

You might want to take a look at either of these two articles. One is for madwifi and the other is for ndiswrapper.

Looks like madwifi is easily installed using YaSt (openSuSe's package manager)... which would be much easier and user freindly than compiling from source.

http://en.opensuse.org/Atheros_madwifi

http://en.opensuse.org/Atheros_ndiswrapper

Also, in those .tar files (.gz and .bz2) you can open them up, and there should be a readme.txt, or a installation.txt file that you can open with probably gedit and should have specific installation instrcutions.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:06 PM   #3

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

yeah i didnt understand the installation instructions at all but then i remembered that everything i did successfully so far was through YAST so im playing around trying to figure that shit out now

ps. there's about 4 billion things to look at, what is the most important?

Last edited by dan, muthafucka!; 11-17-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #4
Forum Maintenance Engineer

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 719,402,859,611,368

Activity Longevity
6/20 20/20

AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

MICROSOFT Tried to tell you this would happen, but did you listen......?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #5
crippling sanctions

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 20,155,862

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Old 11-17-2006, 04:29 PM   #6

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

i'm really sick of microshit because i always manage to fuck it up but it never actually tells me what i've done wrong. most of the time, it's not even that i did shit wrong. it just fucks up because it feels like making my day hard. well fuck that, i showed it,,, i showed it but goooood
Old 11-17-2006, 04:34 PM   #7

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

ok so i found this page http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/Distro/SuSE where it says " For SUSE 10.1 there are precompiled packages available at http://madwifi.org/suse." ok.. but when i go to the 10.1-i386 dir on that page there are a bunch of .rpm files... which one(s) do i need, and how can i make use of them?? AHHHHH
Old 11-17-2006, 05:00 PM   #8

Activity Longevity
6/20 20/20

You need this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MS Errors 2005.jpg (19.1 KB, 24 views)
Old 11-17-2006, 05:03 PM   #9
crippling sanctions

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Old 11-17-2006, 05:08 PM   #10
crippling sanctions

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Old 11-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #11
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20

Originally Posted by Carver View Post
ok so i found this page http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/Distro/SuSE where it says " For SUSE 10.1 there are precompiled packages available at http://madwifi.org/suse." ok.. but when i go to the 10.1-i386 dir on that page there are a bunch of .rpm files... which one(s) do i need, and how can i make use of them?? AHHHHH
Go into YaSt...

Click on Add Software Sources (or something like that)

Click Add > HTTP

In the server part put...

madwifi.org

In the directory part...

/suse/10.1-i386

Click Finish... it will take a second to close...

Now go back into YaSt...

Open Manage Software (Im just guessing becuase im at a shitty MS machine at work)

Run a search for "madwifi" and install that...

That should get the WiFi Drivers to install...
Old 11-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #12

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

but duuuude. if i don't even have internet access how the fuk is that gonna work??

ps. windows-usin bitches gtfo out my thread!

Last edited by dan, muthafucka!; 11-17-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:01 PM   #13
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20

Oh dude, damn... I feel like an idiot...

Ok..

open up your terminal program of choice, type the below command, and post the output of it in this thread...

Code:
uname -r
Old 11-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #14

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

2.6.16.21-0.25-default
Old 11-17-2006, 07:07 PM   #15

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

ok I got madwifi installed and now i'm totally stuck on cfg :( this code bullshit is pissing me off is there any simpler way to config this fuckin card?
Old 11-17-2006, 07:14 PM   #16
crippling sanctions

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

hearing of you struggle makes me love Windows XP

:ff: :firefox:
Old 11-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #17
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20

Originally Posted by Carver View Post
ok I got madwifi installed and now i'm totally stuck on cfg :( this code bullshit is pissing me off is there any simpler way to config this fuckin card?
I hear ya man. I don't know if there is a easier way of configuring your card, I really wish I knew... but I don't have a wireless card, so I really don't know. You just got to keep on working, and looking for info to help you out... and ask questions to the experts (Im no expert, but Im talking about the guyz at linuxforums.com, I will help you were I can, but if I am stumped I will reference you to them.)... once you find out the set up of your card will never be this tough again as you are know knowledgeable on such things.

On to ur issue... tell me what you are stuck on in cfg and I will help you to the best of my knowledge, and if I don't know anything, then I will try and find something that might help.

Originally Posted by FilLaB0NGo6 View Post
hearing of you struggle makes me love Windows XP

:ff: :firefox:
Windows is always a struggle. You are just used to the struggles with Windows, so you don't know any better.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:09 PM   #18
Slacker

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,064,262

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Silent Steve This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Send a message via AIM to Silent Steve

I use madewifi for my card, first off, what kind of wireless card do you have? Second, go to kinfocenter if you have it, and find your wireless card and tell me what chipset it's running. I have slackware, so I'm not really sure if opensuse has a kinfocenter.
Don't feel bad, it took me a couple of days to figure out how to install madwifi, but now I can do it in about 5 min.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:17 PM   #19
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20

SuSe has kinfocenter... if it doesn't you should be able to install it via YaSt...

Just type kinfocenter into the command prompt, and it should bring it up.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:19 PM   #20
Slacker

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,064,262

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Send a message via AIM to Silent Steve

he doesn't have an internet connection yet, so he can't use yast. Try these commands carver
ifconfig ath0 up
dhcpcd ath0
Old 11-17-2006, 10:23 PM   #21
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20

Damn, I keep forgetting that's what we are trying to get working... But, it should be installable via the installation DVD as it should be default anyways.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:25 PM   #22

Activity Longevity
6/20 20/20

Linux sounds fun......
Old 11-17-2006, 10:33 PM   #23
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20

Originally Posted by AnnonUSA View Post
Linux sounds fun......
It is.

These are only minor issues... once he gets it going, issues he no longer has to worry about...
Old 11-17-2006, 10:48 PM   #24
Wwwaaayyy!!!

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 12,614,821

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Jeff Limpio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Send a message via Skype™ to Jeff Limpio

Linux, were you that broke that you couldn't get a real OS?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:32 PM   #25
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
4/20 20/20

Originally Posted by TacoLimpio View Post
Linux, were you that broke that you couldn't get a real OS?
What you meant to say.. "Windows was so broke that you decided to get a real OS?"