Loading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
in need of a μse

Location: gated community, ivory tower, depends on who you ask
MIIDAJ? Scrill: 3,598,123,658,026

Activity Longevity
7/20 20/20

TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

So it looks like I'll be in the market for a new laptop/netbook

The laptop I've had for about 4ish years is dying on me. I keep getting a blank black screen, the backlight is still lit, but just black. Or even more often I get the BSOD.

I've pretty much concluded it is either the system memory which is dying or the graphics controller which is dying.

Either way, I might just get a new laptop. The old one has been creeping and it seems this is a while coming.

What say ye?

Laptop or netbook? Pros/cons?
I've been looking at Acer, Asus, Samsung, MSI, Dell, Lenovo, and Toshiba. Any of these I should avoid?

Last edited by TheBagman; 04-22-2010 at 09:12 AM. Reason: added lenovo
Old 04-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Lamb's Bread Mon.

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,127,974

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20

Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tongue This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Re: So it looks like I'll be in the market for a new laptop/netbook

Check out Gateway laptops.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
I Do Male Sheep

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 1,022,278,782

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20

ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ulstertalbot This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Originally Posted by Mr.Tongue View Post
Check out Gateway laptops.
is there a catch.lol,sorry couldnt resist{gateway}
Old 04-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
7/20 20/20

Bump for Annon.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
Forum Maintenance Engineer

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 491,361,867,436,318

Activity Longevity
6/20 20/20

AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Bagman

What do you want? Light and small or decent sized screen and stuff?

I like Lenovo. And Dell (love em or hate em).

Take a look at the Lenovo SL-510. Nice laptop.
The SL-410 is smaller but just as good.

They are also releasing a line of newer Laptops with the Core Xi processors.

Tell me some specifics...

OH- Forget Acer, and Toshiba.
MSI make some good units, but the warranty and service could be a problem.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
crippling sanctions

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 20,155,862

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

my Dell Inspiron 6000 is 5+ years old and still works like new..
Old 04-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
7/20 20/20

I'm really really poor. But I really need a laptop.

A Lenovo is really what I'd like, but it seems they are more expensive (you get what you pay for). Dell's are really good too, but they seem more expensive as well.

I just tried to reinstall Windows and I'm getting BSOD's during the installation process, so yeah, it's pretty well shot I imagine. So I might just run down to Best Buy and see what they got tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #8
Forum Maintenance Engineer

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 491,361,867,436,318

Activity Longevity
6/20 20/20

Originally Posted by TheBagman View Post
I'm really really poor. But I really need a laptop.

A Lenovo is really what I'd like, but it seems they are more expensive (you get what you pay for). Dell's are really good too, but they seem more expensive as well.

I just tried to reinstall Windows and I'm getting BSOD's during the installation process, so yeah, it's pretty well shot I imagine. So I might just run down to Best Buy and see what they got tomorrow.

PM Me Bagman....