Empty the chat input field
Loading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
Yeah! I said it...

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,029,486

Activity Longevity
2/20 20/20

|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!|맧 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Send a message via MSN to |맧
Windows XP SP3 Sows Havoc, Users Complain

Windows XP SP3 Sows Havoc, Users Complain -- Microsoft Windows -- InformationWeek

he problems with XP SP3 range from spontaneous reboots to outright system crashes. By Paul McDougall
InformationWeek
May 8, 2008 11:58 AM
Within hours of its release, Microsoft's Service Pack 3 for Windows XP began drawing hundreds of complaints from users who claim the update is wreaking havoc on their PCs. The problems with XP SP3, according to posters on Microsoft's Windows XP message board, range from spontaneous reboots to outright system crashes.

"My external disks are having trouble starting up, which results in Windows not starting up," complained user Michael Faklis, in a post Wednesday. "After three attempts [to install XP SP3] with different configurations each time, System Restore was the only way to get me out of deep s**t," said 'Doug W'. Another user said the service pack prevented him from starting his computer. "I downloaded and installed Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals," wrote 'Paul'. "Now I can't get the computer to boot." *
Dozens of other posters reported similar problems.
It's not uncommon for major operating system updates to cause problems. Typically, the glitches are due to conflicts with software, such as drivers, system files, or applications already resident on the user's PC. Microsoft has yet to indicate whether it will issue an update to address some of the problems, though it has done so with previous updates.
Microsoft released Windows XP SP3 to broad distribution on Wednesday. It's available from Microsoft's automated Windows Update service or as a file that can be pulled from the Download Center on the company's Web site.
The service pack should offer a number of enhancements over the current version of the OS, which Microsoft is phasing out after June 30th. It includes all updates issued since Windows XP Service Pack 2 was released in 2004, and some new elements.
Among them: A feature called Network Access Protection that's borrowed from the newer Windows Vista operating system. NAP automatically validates a computer's health, ensuring that it's free of bugs and viruses before allowing it access to a network.
Windows XP SP3 also includes improved "black hole" router detection -- a feature that automatically detects routers that are silently discarding packets. In XP SP3, the feature is turned on by default, according to Microsoft.
Additionally, Windows XP SP3 steals a page from Vista's product activation model, meaning that product keys for each copy of the operating system don't need to be entered during setup. The feature should prove popular with corporate IT managers, who often need to oversee hundreds or thousands of operating system installations.
Some users may balk at a feature in XP SP3 that prevents them from downgrading their browser from Internet Explorer 7 to the older IE 6 once the service pack has been installed. XP SP3 also won't install on systems running beta versions of the yet-to-be released IE 8.
Microsoft said the restrictions are designed to prevent system instabilities.

===========

*My favorite passage.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
Forum Maintenance Engineer

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 491,361,867,436,318

Activity Longevity
6/20 20/20

AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!AnnonUSA This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Re: Windows XP SP3 Sows Havoc, Users Complain

I installed SP3 on a test bed system the other night and it seemed to go OK.

On a brand new Dell System install on Friday, after SP3 installed Windows Updates would no longer install. After fighting with it for a couple of hours, and a call to Dell who suggested reloading the OS, I uninstalled SP3 and rebooted. Then Windows Updates ran fine again. I did all the critical updates and then re-installed SP3. Everything seems to work correctly now.

I would caution anyone tempted to install SP3 to think about it before you do it. I will not be installing it again for a while on any systems. If you are really concerned Microsoft has an SP3 Blocker available for download which will prevent SP3 installation until you either are ready or fully trust it.
Link - Download details: Windows Service Pack Blocker Tool Kit
Old 05-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Way she goes, boys.

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 495,170

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

I am using it on my Storage machine no real problem i did however now that I think about get a BSOD (Blue screen of death) Just caused me to reboot and didn't hurt anything
Old 05-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #4

Activity Longevity
6/20 20/20

There seems to be big problems for AMD Processor systems and SP3 also....

Link - Slashdot | XP SP3 Crashes Some AMD Machines
Old 05-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #5
in need of a μse

Location: gated community, ivory tower, depends on who you ask
MIIDAJ? Scrill: 3,598,123,658,026

Activity Longevity
7/20 20/20

TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

People that need to install programs? If you never installed at least SP1 on XP probably over half your programs wouldn't be compatible.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #6
Way she goes, boys.

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 495,170

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Yea I mean you sorta didn't have a choice after a while SP 2 just jammed itself in there
Old 08-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
7/20 20/20

Yeah, I installed SP3 earlier today. I had to do a system restore because my WiFi wouldn't work. Since I restored it back to an earlier date when I had SP2 now my wireless works fine.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #8

Activity Longevity
6/20 20/20

I have installed SP3 on about 35 systems. About 80% of them had subsequent Windows Update problems (which I have a simple fix for) and was easily fixed.

I have had zero issues after Sp3 as you really can't tell the difference.

Bagman you might need updated WiFi drivers before the SP3 installation.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #9
Bat Country

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 304,924,293,672

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Mr. Gilligan This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

i haven't had many issues with sp3
Old 08-29-2008, 04:28 AM   #10
CRY TEBOW CRY

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,570

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20

Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tomohiro This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Are you serious? I did the hack a few months ago to get SP3 before, and bcack then, SP3 actually made XP faster. which was crazy awesome.

Anyway, yeaaah...vista... meh, I don't kjow if it's Me 2.0 yet..but eh, lets just say that windows 3.1 was better to use than this.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #11
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
7/20 20/20

I installed drivers for my wifi and then upgraded to SP3 again and it's fine.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #12

Activity Longevity
6/20 20/20

Originally Posted by TheBagman View Post
I installed drivers for my wifi and then upgraded to SP3 again and it's fine.

Told you so!
Old 08-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #13

Activity Longevity
6/20 20/20

We drink the Microsoft Kool-AID.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #14
Silly Cybin

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 207,006

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20

ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!ShroomyBob This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

SP3 killed my wireless, win98 SE still kicks ass. Or PCLinuxOs - lets me use meh laptop as wireless adapter for xbox.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #15
shadowstoner

shadowstoner is
MIIDAJ? Scrill: 0 [Check]

Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20

mmmm kool-aid taists good
Old 05-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #16
shadowstoner

shadowstoner is
MIIDAJ? Scrill: 0 [Check]

Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20

yeah i just tryed the sp3 and it worked fine for the most part the only downside was it completly disabled my web browsers both firefox and internet explorer tryed updateing them and still no luck so sp2 is what im going with fuck sp3