Empty the chat input field
Loading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
Huh? Where am I??

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,995

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Imperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of rest

Anyone with any electrical experience??

Ok, I've just seen a rather nifty looking timer on ebay, the chap selling it claims it will handle 3x 600w lights, so, this is perhaps a dumb question, but would that mean I could plug an adaptor into the front of it and run both the 400w light & oscillating fan from the same unit?

I'm just rather wary of sticking plugs into adaptors into timers..........but the last cheap timer I bought bloody fused out, and I am getting really pissed off having to manually switch the light off/on every day!!

I think it would be fine, but I just wondered if anyone had any experience?

K
-x-
Old 05-04-2005, 11:46 AM   #2
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,765

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

sticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunk
sticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunk

Re: Anyone with any electrical experience??

I would doubt it very much.

The load to start the light usually weilds the contacts together after a while

Why dont you make up your own very simple even for a female

Id tell you what you need and how to all for about 13 bills and it will run 4X
600watts
Old 05-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #3
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Imperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of rest

Ya think?? My ballast has a 2-stage ignition....and I am no ordinary clueless female....I am a LESBIAN clueless female, so there! :goofy:

Besides, if you're talking bills, then well, we have a different electric supply in the UK

K
-x-

EDIT: I've been using a cheap nasty timer with the 250w light for nearly a year now with no bother, it's just the 400w is a bit greedier!
Old 05-04-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,750

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Lucian jerks off manualy

the main concern with all this stuff be it extension cord or timer is how many amps it can handle... I forget, but if normal household stuff is rated at 1.5 amps, I got an extension cord and timer rated for 3 amps...if normal stuff is rated at three amps, then I got the cord and timer rated at 5 amps. It is one of those scenarios. If you have any paperwork from the 400 watter it may tell you how many amps it needs.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:55 PM   #5
Way she goes, boys.

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 496,660

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

I've been electrocuted, That's about my experaince
Old 05-04-2005, 03:05 PM   #6
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

sticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunk
sticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunk

Yeah those cheap timers out of argos or poundstretchers , even my envirol light burns them out.But regarding ratings on your light thats the current it draws but when it is igniting it would draw more than its stated..And of course i knew you have a bit of lesbian d.i.y
skills and its 240v where I am also.....and elroy none of that battery talk here hehehehe
Old 05-04-2005, 04:00 PM   #7
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Hmm, it's 4.6 amps, so, I just realised I can just run the 400w from the timer I'm going to buy, and run the fan off a different cheap timer that I already own.....I was just hoping I could run both on the same system, that way I'd have them switching on/off at the exact same time, instead of being out of sync (these cheap timers are an utter bastard to get in sync with each other!)

Meh, failing that, I could get a multi-socket thingy, but fuck paying 70-odd quid for it!

K
-x-
Old 05-04-2005, 06:32 PM   #8
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Even though it may say 13amp on the timer the surge to ignite the light will fuck them up after a while and may cause the plants to hermie,I always use a timer contactor now even for my enviros....
Old 05-04-2005, 07:46 PM   #9
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,000,000

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

stoned as fuck jerks off manualy

if your timer can handle 3 600w of hps it sure can handle a 400w and a fan.