Loading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
Chicken Fucker

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,500

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

fingers is gonna cut your dick off

Send a message via AIM to fingers Send a message via MSN to fingers Send a message via Yahoo to fingers
Double grow thread, Mushrooms and Mary Jane

Hey there degenerates :)

I figure my weed has finally started too kick off a bit, and the mushys are almost ready to go into fruiting. So why not get the ball rolling.

This is my baby Skunk cross White widow. She's still small as you can see, and has a bit of time before she grows into a hot little ho.

She's growing in a block of rockwool cut from a slab i bought. (lot cheaper by the slab here). And then sits upon the expanded clay balls you can see there.

I have her hand watered with Dutch master right now, but seeing as she's got enough size to do well because of it (plus exchange of gases in the root networks) I'm going to set up the water and air pumps tommorow.

I only had one seed of this fuckin fantastic strain, so Im growing this one into a large mother plant, and taking clones from there.
I'll keep the thread updated with pics as she develops.

This is a pic of the first PF cake I have in fruiting. A cake is a mixture of vermiculite and ground brown rice flour thats in a pressure cooker heat resistant polypropylene tub (chinese takeaway container basically :p)
It gets pressure cooked to sterilise it, injected with spore water of your chosen strain, and then incubated in a 75f to 80f incubator.

This is what my cakes looked like before they began to clonise. The hose you see is the air hose pumping warmer air into the insulated and plastic lined cabinet (my incubator) from the oil column heater set very low beneath the incubator.

In the next week or so that cake in the first image should look something like this (if all went well, so far it looks healthy :)

Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated with any cool new pics n shit as the grows develop.

See ya

Fingers
Old 08-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
the king of no pant's

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,750

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Mr. Zilla was a good bowler and a good manMr. Zilla was a good bowler and a good manMr. Zilla was a good bowler and a good man

Re: Double grow thread, Mushrooms and Mary Jane

dear fucking jesus
they look tastey
have fun
Old 08-11-2006, 12:03 AM   #3
crippling sanctions

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 20,155,862

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

fucking right
Old 08-11-2006, 12:11 AM   #4
in need of a μse

Location: gated community, ivory tower, depends on who you ask
MIIDAJ? Scrill: 3,762,234,081,625

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Lookin good fingers
Old 08-11-2006, 07:45 AM   #5
Chicken Fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

Send a message via AIM to fingers Send a message via MSN to fingers Send a message via Yahoo to fingers

Thanks fellaz, :)

I got another 15 of those PF cakes getting damn close to birthing/fruiting. So hopefully there's be some cooler pics to come in the next few weeks.

I'm gonna go set up the air and water pumps, and I'm gonna make a liquid culture for my industrial grow that I'm starting in the next week or so.

See ya for now broz :)

Fingrito
Old 08-12-2006, 01:12 AM   #6
Zazoul

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,510

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

budslide is going to go find a cash machinebudslide is going to go find a cash machinebudslide is going to go find a cash machinebudslide is going to go find a cash machinebudslide is going to go find a cash machinebudslide is going to go find a cash machinebudslide is going to go find a cash machine
budslide is going to go find a cash machinebudslide is going to go find a cash machinebudslide is going to go find a cash machine

Send a message via ICQ to budslide Send a message via AIM to budslide

Originally Posted by fingers View Post
Thanks fellaz, :)

I got another 15 of those PF cakes getting damn close to birthing/fruiting. So hopefully there's be some cooler pics to come in the next few weeks.

I'm gonna go set up the air and water pumps, and I'm gonna make a liquid culture for my industrial grow that I'm starting in the next week or so.

See ya for now broz :)

Fingrito

hey by industrail grow I assume your going to be doing casings or what? bulk grow? Just curious, I love bulk grows, they can suprise you and turn out sooooo amazing
Old 08-12-2006, 08:23 AM   #7
Pot Smoker

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

Puff_puff_pass is gonna cut your dick off

Send a message via AIM to Puff_puff_pass Send a message via Skype™ to Puff_puff_pass

i had a dream last night we had a bunch of mushrooms all over the ground and i had to find them and eat them rly quick
Old 08-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #8
Chicken Fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

WTF? NIggaz is answerin?

Coo coo, I'm wid it.

Curtis this is Hydro's dude. We dont use soil. Its rockwool sitting on a basket of expanded clay balls. The lighting is HPS (High pressure sodium)

Budslide, hell yeah bulk grow! Can you image tryna do an industrial size grow with PF cakes?? Youd be pasturizing them shitz for a week to get enough cakes done.
The only serious way to grow any huge quanitity is Bulk in my opinion.

Puff, you 'had to'? like you just felt compelled or some fucker was there like 'EAT THE FUCKIN MUSHROOMS BI - ATCH!!!!!!!'

Anyway,

Here's a pic of my baby gurl after a little fine tuning. She's now being drip fed, and has a huge assed air pump with 4 air stones airating the baby. The nutes are Dutch master, the heater...is a heater, a large one? I dunno, if you know hydro you get the idea. Nothing overly intricate, but as she gets bigger and ready to bare young, the set up will blow right out.

Over the weeks the set up is going to evolve into a bigger and more complicated animal as the plant does the same, so if you're into hydro growing, keep an eye out. I'll do my best to keep the pics clear (shitty camera).

Take care all,

Fingers

Old 08-13-2006, 04:28 PM   #9
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

Originally Posted by curtisd View Post
looks like you have a nice setup. i heard its not recomended to veg under a hps because it makes the plants very tall and lanky and the nodes arent very close together. and hps has a red spectrum which is only good for flowering and during veg the plants prefer a blue spectrum. cool blue fluorescents produce a very bushy plant with tight nodes.
That's not entirely true. My White Widows were BUSHY as FUCK under my HPS. Didn't stretch a bit. Although the light that gives off the best spectrum is Metal Halide if you are really goin out.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:18 AM   #10
Chicken Fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

Well....honestly i disagree with both of you guys,

Da man, I know a guy who owns/manages several hydro shops and this is what he says (makes a lot of sense i think).

'Ultimately, all we care about is the amount of bud right?' so i say 'yeah of course' He says
"ok then, as long as a plant grows enough to support a large amount of bud, why waste electricty, light, time and effort growing a large plant? its bud, not leaf and stem we want"
So i say "yeahh, and?"
He says, "have you seen how the cutting edge growers in denmark n shit grow plants? to what size?"
So i say "yeahhh"
And that got me to thinking. The best cutting edge grows Ive seen there have short assed trunks and little branch work, just 20-30 centimetres of trunk with 2 foot budds growing from them (i exagerate a little, but u know what i mean).

They arent large plants at all, theyre short, but with bud the size of a full size plant. I just assumed it was some advanced method most of us dont know.

What I was told the method was, was to grow a plant to about 30 cm, and then go right into budding cycle. The time and plant energy devoted to veg is the minimum nessisary for a plant large enough to develop huge assed cola's.

In this guys opinion, Halide is great for any plant where huge veg propertys are desired. Edible erbs, vegitables (leg shit basically) or any plant where you want a large assed plant (not only large flowers).

He ONLY used HPS, and so do I.
I have been growing on and off for over 10 years (about 12 actually) and in that time have had a fair few different set ups. Ive used HPS only, Halide only, but never both.
I also suppliment as much fluro as i can from the ground shining up, or low on a wall, lenth ways. (to assist growth in lower branches that get scrappy and shitty from lack of light when lighting is all hung above).

I was going to buy a 1000 watt halide, and 400w HPS, but then thought again, and will now only use 1000 HPS, 400HPS, and ove fluro (for now, later a few more).

In my experience, the HPP provide the highest quality bud. Yes halide works great, Im not saying it's a bad light source at all. It's definately good to stimulate a vigourous growth.
But used right, the pure HPS can produce the best overall grow. Unless you were going a huge assed grow, and wanted a light that would 'go further', i might go a Halide, but i want quality as well as the quantity.

Not a method i'd suggest for a first time grower. This shit the Amsterdam growers know and the grows they do, goes way beyond my knowledge, but this makes perfect sense to me, and it's said to be the way they do it.
it's the way this guy i know who owns the hydro shops in our area grows his, and i dont doubt the shit he says at all. It all adds up as perfectly logical based on what Ive done and seen from the different light sources.

Then again, I've seen some kick ass grows, and done a couple with Halide, so no way I'm suggesting it isnt a great light source. I just think the method of using HPS in the most advanced manner possible, with the tweaked total weight to bud weight ratio.
But each to his or her own. They both grow good bud if you're a good grower. So yeah man, HPS, Halide, and supplimental fluro, either, all, work well.

So ..cool fuck that was long

Fingers
Old 08-15-2006, 10:20 AM   #11
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,755

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

[hEAf_Co] jerks off manualy

bad ass... i'm speechless, good thread
Old 08-16-2006, 08:02 AM   #12
Chicken Fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

I never know what or who to take on face value here...but i'll say 'thanks buddy

No huge developments BTW, plant's growing, mushrooms grow is gettin better. Should have some pics in about a week. Thanks fellaz
Old 08-20-2006, 02:43 AM   #13
Chicken Fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

New pics of the first flush of mushy'z

Ohhh yeah!

Here they are baby the first mushy's to spring up from the first of the PF cakes. The other 15 cakes are comming along nicely too.

About 5 are 95% done, 5 are about 80%, and the last 5 are the handicapped slow study's. But they'll all get there eventually :)

This pic's about 2 days old, and she's been growing noticably everytime i check her out. This strain is gonna be such a pleasure to smoke again. Oh yes

Within a week should have a few nicer mushy pics of more cakes in fruiting stage at once, and the Mary J, well you guys know a lot about Mary obviously, so you know she'll be one sexy lil hoochy soon enough

Thanks for viewing guys!

Fingritoz (sounds like a hispanic meal or sumshit)

peace pplz
Old 08-20-2006, 02:45 AM   #14
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

Babies!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:46 AM   #15
Chicken Fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

I believe the children are our fuuuuture.......
Old 08-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #16
the szooze button on a smoke alarm

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,073,260

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TacoSusio This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Send a message via AIM to TacoSusio Send a message via Skype™ to TacoSusio

Looking good fingers! I know nothing of shrooms, either growing or sampling, but I have been considering exploring the fungus world, perhaps someday. Looks like you've got it dialed in - I'll make sure to pick your brain when the time comes!

The last pic of your plant looks like she might be suffering from some nute burn. Can't tell for certain, as the pic's a little fuzzy, but assuming it's nute burn and also assuming it's splashing up from underneath, you may want to try a sink stopper.

I cut a slit from the center to the outer edge and snuggle the stem in the center. Since it's soft and flexible (I think it's made from a rubber composite), it holds the plant securely without damaging it, keeps light out of the DWC and keeps nutes from splashing on the plant, which causes burns. Just my $.02 :anj_hatsoff:

susio
Old 08-20-2006, 12:13 PM   #17
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

BIGBOOMER jerks off manualy

my man did you name those little boomers or what
they look really good bro nice to see you got some
Old 08-20-2006, 12:30 PM   #18
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

Indeed. They are making my mouth water, and my brain wander.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:06 AM   #19
Chicken Fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

Thanks for the tip Susio,

I'm baffled as to what was causing the problem, but it seems to be clearing or slowing a bit. Here's what she looks like now. (22nd aug)

A lot of people suggested spider mites, but none were detected. The PH is perfect, i really dont know. I'm a little suspicious of these nutes actually. There's so much sediment on the bottom of a container of the shit. (Dutch master). Ah well, I'll be throwing a lot more cash into the grow soon so I might get some new nutes.

If youd like to start growing at some stage, definately let me know. I'm in the process of making spore prints (eqivelant of seeds) I'll send you a couple on me.
This cake wasn't even a serious effort and it seems to be doing pretty well. I thought this one was comtamed so it got bruised and beaten. I kinda experimented a little and the thing still grew even after all the abuse. I got another dozen of these ready to go into a fruiting chamber which I'm gonna build this weekend. I'll post pics then.

If you got a P.O box or a safe postal adress i'll send you a couple grams Da. Even though STC isn't doin that well ATM, I'm gonna put some money into advertising n shit soon, so hopefully that shit should start gettin a bit better.
You've always been a good mate Da, So yeah, if you got an addy PM me, I'll send you a dose from these 15 cakes I'm about to fruit.

I might be ten different kinds of asshole, but tight assed I am not. I'll be sendin Taco, the dude, and susio a couple G's as well if they want em. Depending on how well the grow goes I might throw a few others a hit. Annon and buttless come to mind.
If Australian postal fee's werent so fuckin high i'd send shitloads more. We'll see how we go anyway, but i'll definately throw you guys some.

Anyway, I'll keep the pics commin as long as the grows go well.

Take care guys,

Fingers

Last edited by fingers; 08-22-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:55 AM   #20
farout

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 45,800,281

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

why do the pics always look yellow?
this is a wonderful grow
Old 08-22-2006, 07:34 AM   #21
Chicken Fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

Thanks jude :)

About the yellow, honestly.... couldn't tell you. My best guess is the HPS makes it look yellow, shitty camera could also be a possible. Even the off color white (yellow'ish) paint could be the reason.
I have to hold a board over the bulb to avoid them shitty lines a HPS causes. (for anyone who hasnt taken a pic with a HPS going at the time, for some reason it creates these shitty black lines through the photo, dont ask me why, but it happens to a LOT of people from what I've heard n seen.)

I accidentally posted the pic of the weed twice b4 jude, so i edited the one of the shroomies in just now.

In the next few days I'll be birthing 15 more cakes, the one in the pic is about 200grams of mycelium (cake) and these 15 cakes are 500 ml chinese take away containers full. So in a sense i have about 30 times as much grow on the way this weekend.
I sooo cant wait to see a dozen cakes start fruiting all at once

Hope you guys enjoy the pics n stuff. :)

Fingerz
Old 08-22-2006, 08:19 AM   #22
farout

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 45,800,281

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

ya nice! couple months ago i got a 'shroom chochlate but i was afraid to eat it. sold it to a kid but he never gave me the $30, wonder how he liked his trip
had shrooms many moons ago.....they are pretty!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #23
the szooze button on a smoke alarm

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,073,260

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

Send a message via AIM to TacoSusio Send a message via Skype™ to TacoSusio

Thanks for the tip Susio,

I'm baffled as to what was causing the problem, but it seems to be clearing or slowing a bit. Here's what she looks like now. (22nd aug)

A lot of people suggested spider mites, but none were detected. The PH is perfect, i really dont know. I'm a little suspicious of these nutes actually. There's so much sediment on the bottom of a container of the shit. (Dutch master). Ah well, I'll be throwing a lot more cash into the grow soon so I might get some new nutes.

If youd like to start growing at some stage, definately let me know. I'm in the process of making spore prints (eqivelant of seeds) I'll send you a couple on me.
This cake wasn't even a serious effort and it seems to be doing pretty well. I thought this one was comtamed so it got bruised and beaten. I kinda experimented a little and the thing still grew even after all the abuse. I got another dozen of these ready to go into a fruiting chamber which I'm gonna build this weekend. I'll post pics then.

If you got a P.O box or a safe postal adress i'll send you a couple grams Da. Even though STC isn't doin that well ATM, I'm gonna put some money into advertising n shit soon, so hopefully that shit should start gettin a bit better.
You've always been a good mate Da, So yeah, if you got an addy PM me, I'll send you a dose from these 15 cakes I'm about to fruit.

I might be ten different kinds of asshole, but tight assed I am not. I'll be sendin Taco, the dude, and susio a couple G's as well if they want em. Depending on how well the grow goes I might throw a few others a hit. Annon and buttless come to mind.
If Australian postal fee's werent so fuckin high i'd send shitloads more. We'll see how we go anyway, but i'll definately throw you guys some.

Anyway, I'll keep the pics commin as long as the grows go well.

Take care guys,

Fingers
Well, whatever the cause of the earlier trouble, she's definately looking a LOT healthier now!

Thank you for the generous offer, I'll definately keep you in mind, if and when I ever decide to explore the fungus realm. Still have MUCH to learn...

If your going to invest in new nutes, I'd suggest Flora Nova Bloom by GH. It a chem/organic blend based on Lucas's formula for the original flora series Micro and Bloom, although the company doesn't formally state that, of course. It's EVERYTHING you need in one bottle! 5ml per gallon during veg, 7ml per gallon during boom. That's it! Even ph buffers are not needed as THEY ARE IN THE MIX! It's designed to work with tap water - no need for R/O filtration, trips to the store for bottled water.

Damn! I should be their fucking spokesman! Anyways, I don't know if you can get it reasonably in Australia or not. I know shipping from the states would probably be cost prohibitive, but I dunno. You can go to their site and see if they have any distributers in Australia. www.generalhydroponics.com

Speaking of Australia, I was in Perth and then Sydney for a few days back in '96 in October, I think. Beautiful country, always wanted to go back and visit, but, as they say, shit happens.

Thanks jude :)

About the yellow, honestly.... couldn't tell you. My best guess is the HPS makes it look yellow, shitty camera could also be a possible. Even the off color white (yellow'ish) paint could be the reason.
I have to hold a board over the bulb to avoid them shitty lines a HPS causes. (for anyone who hasnt taken a pic with a HPS going at the time, for some reason it creates these shitty black lines through the photo, dont ask me why, but it happens to a LOT of people from what I've heard n seen.)

I accidentally posted the pic of the weed twice b4 jude, so i edited the one of the shroomies in just now.

In the next few days I'll be birthing 15 more cakes, the one in the pic is about 200grams of mycelium (cake) and these 15 cakes are 500 ml chinese take away containers full. So in a sense i have about 30 times as much grow on the way this weekend.
I sooo cant wait to see a dozen cakes start fruiting all at once

Hope you guys enjoy the pics n stuff. :)

Fingerz
Here's how you can you can fix the color. NiteTiger, formally of CW, came up with this method, it's simple and it works well.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=24296

You'll need Photoshop, but if you don't have it, PM me and I'll give you an invite code to demonoid and you can DL via torrents.

Peace,
Old 08-22-2006, 06:05 PM   #24
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

BIGBOOMER jerks off manualy

there really isnt too much that goes into growing mushrooms a bunch less than weed but fingers my man 15 jars is alot you will have a nice trip with those PRs
Old 08-24-2006, 03:30 AM   #25
Chicken Fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20

Hey dooby luverz,

Just thought i'd post this pic cos i realised i never did. If my camera didn't suck ballz anywhere near as bad as it does this might have been a far nicer pic. But it gives you the idea of how it looks.

I took a leaf off the Mary J to the hydro shop dude I've mentioned, and he was really unsure. He thought it looked like it might be nute burn "but it's not definate that that is in fact the cause".
For this guy to not be certain of what it is surprised me. He suggested flushing out all the nutes and making up a fresh batch earlier then i would have.

So I'm gonna give that a go, give it a week or so, and see if the baby keeps getting more and more healthy. She does look a lot healthier every day so It'll probably self correct eventually. I'd just like to know what the problem was so as to be able to avoid it in future.

I'll be havin some of them shroomies tommorow night at the latest, or in the next couple of hours if i succumb to temptation. I'll let you guys know what it's like.

Peace pplz

Fingerz