Empty the chat input field
Loading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
I need anti psychotics!

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,177,654

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

hey lucian

Originally Posted by lucian
PH wonder
Hey All, my ladies (hopefully) have been growing for a month now and I've just transplanted them to a larger pot of soil. The water levels have been great, the miracle grow soil hasn't killed them, and they are growing at a reasonable height. The only problem for this new grower is that the PH is slightly acidic. I do remember reading somewhere that the more acidic the soil is the greater the chance for males. I also read somewhere that if the PH isn't high enough the plants can't absorb all the correct nutes.
I need to raise the PH half a point to almost a full point, as the soil is somewhere around 6.5. If any experienced growers have any great tips or a sure-fire way to raise the PH in the soil please let me know, thanks all.
Firstly do you have a good ph reader?

I would assume the soil is acidic from the miricle grow soil,if it has slow releasing ferts,they contain to much N wich is why your probably having this problem. The ph should be between 6.5 and 7.5 .so if your at 6.5 your not in a danger zone yet.

Adjusting your soil pH :
Once you have checked the pH of your soil with a good tester, you can fix the problem with alot of decent products from your local garden center.

Adjust your pH slowly , and check pH often .
Lowering soil pH (to make it more acidic)
If your soil needs to be more acidic, sawdust, composted leaves, wood chips, cottonseed meal, leaf mold and especially peat moss, will lower the soil pH.

bloodmeal/cottonseed meal during vegetative/ bonemeal during flowering.

They also sell a product called ph down I would recomened a natural one like this one from earthjuice..

Raising soil pH (to make it more alkaline)
Its simplist to make soil mixes more alkaline than it is to make them more acidic. The addition of dolomite lime, hardwood ash, bone meal, crushed marble, or crushed oyster shells will help to raise the soil pH.

Stabilizing pH

The best way to stable PH is by adding 1 ounce of Dolomite Lime per 1 gallon of your growing medium/soil.

Dolomite Lime is available in most garden centers .make sure to get the fine Dolomite powder (There are different grades of Dolomite like Rough, Medium, Fine)

Dolomite Lime is a good PH stabilizer , since it has a neutral PH of 7 when added to your soil it stabilizes your soil at PH 7.

Mix the dry soil medium and dolomite really well, water the mixture very thoroughly. after the water has had chance to settle into the soil . give the mix a really good stir. Then water the soil/lime mix and give it another stir.

its best to mix fine dolomite lime into your mix before planting. Fine Dolomite will help stabilize your pH. however, if the ph becomes unstable or fluxuaites, you can then use Hydrated Dolomite Lime. Add some of the hydrated lime to luke warm water and give it a good stir then water your plants with it. Give the plants a good watering with this hydrated lime added

and your PH should fall or rise back to 7

Other Benefits of Dolomite Lime

Dolomite lime is also high in two secondary nutes that can often be overlooked by fertilizers; dolomite is high in both (Mg) Magnesium and (Ca) Calcium.

also earthjuice sells another fairly inexspensive product for highering your ph..

Old 05-24-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
I need anti psychotics!

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!highgirly420 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Re: hey lucian

I still read through the grow area in the city,and I just realized maybe it wasnt you that posted that lucian,maybe was someone that had the same av as you..lmao,I'm stoned.wha can I say.:goofy: anyhow still good info for those that dont know.but its too late to edit it..lol
Old 05-25-2005, 10:57 AM   #3
I need anti psychotics!

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

indeed it was your fault lol..but meh shit happens.I just started thinkin about it,and I was like Lucian knows how too grow..lol..then I went and reread the post...
Old 05-25-2005, 10:57 AM   #4
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,750

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Lucian jerks off manualy

No worries, still good info. I originally was using one of those a drop of solution in a tube of water and match the color to a chart type pH testers which was good for getting close but I recently bought a nice electric tester on ebay and am glad considering that chart recently reposted
Old 05-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #5
I need anti psychotics!

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

sweet a good ph tester is priceless.I have one its battery opperated but it checks ph and fert levels..lmao I stabbed myself from the moisture meter yesterday.hurt like hell..Guess I need to pay more attention in what I'm doing.lol
Old 05-26-2005, 01:03 AM   #6
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,750

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Lucian jerks off manualy

Stabbed yourself, eh? Did you take a reading?
Hope it is nothing serious ... I am happy as I just found a seed store an hour away from me that has what I want and is cheap...looks like a quick road trip this weekend for me.

I am still learning about pH management so your post is good info. I only have one sucessful grow so far but in 10 days that will change