Empty the chat input field
Loading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2005, 03:48 PM   #1
Huh? Where am I??

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,995

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Imperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of rest

IGF's Grow Journal....Nirvana mixed seed II

OK, I swear I am having the strangest sensation of deja vu?? Well, first things first setup & seeds, then I'll just post a whole bunch of pics from the beginning of this grow up until the point I'm now at............please bare with me!!

This is basically the second batch of seeds from my Nirvana mix that I bought last year, so far I can report that 8/10 germinated, and from that lot 5/8 were females. From that, I've had a Nirvana Special, Afghan and Master Kush, no idea what the other 2 are yet as they are still too young, but I think it's likely we have a skunk.

I've also got 10 Afghan & 10 Papaya on the way, and the plan is to get some kind of perpetual setup going so I need never have to suffer another 3 month weed drought again!

Our primary reason for growing is medicinal, my partner has MS and I use grass for Primary Dysmenorrhea (severe period pain), and the recreational side is not without it's charms

Anyway, my setup:
VEG: 250w metal hallide
FLOWER: 400w HPS
NUTES: Biobizz range- Biogrow/Biobloom/Topmax Bloom stimulator
MEDIUM: Coconut fibre-based soil, 1/3 perlite added
Both growrooms have mylar-coated walls....

So, this first pic is the plants at 2 weeks....

K
-x-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg justabout2weeksold..JPG (24.0 KB, 128 views)
Old 04-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Imperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of rest

Re: IGF's Grow Journal....Nirvana mixed seed II

Week 3.......

K
-x-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg day 21 001..JPG (54.4 KB, 124 views)
Old 04-24-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Week 4......

K
-x-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28a..JPG (60.9 KB, 121 views)
Old 04-24-2005, 04:17 PM   #4
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Week 5......by this point all the plants had shown preflowers as a result of the hallide light I'm guessing, a couple of days after this pic was taken the front plant got the chop, cos it was a 'he'!

K
-x-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 041..JPG (53.8 KB, 116 views)
Old 04-24-2005, 04:20 PM   #5
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Some pics from day 40 of 18/6

K
-x-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aliceday40.JPG (53.8 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg day40a (1)..JPG (57.4 KB, 117 views)
Old 04-24-2005, 04:25 PM   #6
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

First pic is day 1 of 12/12, second pic is day 7 (today) of 12/12........those other 3 plants in the foreground are opium poppies incase you wondered.....I also have some clones, but there's not really much to look at yet, still no roots! But they are sitting in a propagator in some glasses of water.........

K
-x-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1212day1.JPG (51.8 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg 1212day7..JPG (60.4 KB, 113 views)
Old 04-24-2005, 05:21 PM   #7
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,750

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Lucian jerks off manualy

High Fly; I think your journal is even better with the redo (rewrites always help) as the pics really stand out and you can see the growth. How many days are the clones in water? So far after 12 days only one of mine grew roots so far.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:28 PM   #8
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Hey Lucian!! It's good to see you weathered the downtime too! Um, that's actually a good question.....I think that's 7 days today, still no sign of any roots, but I had to haul them back out of that rooting gel, the growers at OG told me that stuff don't work for mj.

But they're not dead nor look like their getting sick. Glad to hear that at least one of your clones has figured things out, it seems it takes a lot longer for them to root than the 7-10 days my book suggested.

I hope the rest of the growers come back!!!

K
-x-
Old 04-24-2005, 06:05 PM   #9
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Lucian jerks off manualy

With just water I think 14 days is more better of an avg. time. You will see little 1 mm white nubs form and the next day two 1 cm. roots should be visible, next day they are ready for planting. It is funny no roots, no roots and then bang! long roots :) Just have patience if the plants look good. I am in the same boat with the waiting *nod*
Old 04-24-2005, 06:15 PM   #10
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Oh, what the heck, here's a pic of them......I notice that the germinal centre has gone a lighter green in the past few days, I'm taking this as a good sign?? I think I'm going to have to be patient :)

K
-x-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clonesday7.JPG (39.1 KB, 114 views)
Old 04-25-2005, 10:09 AM   #11
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Holy Moly Bat erm...... Ezz!!

What a difference the SCROG makes huh, they're quite the bushy little ladies aren't they? Very healthy & dark green again.....I notice the huge bucket they're in this time too. So, are you still on 18/6 or have you switched to 12/12 yet?? And I have sumit to ask ya, hang on, I'll pm it........

K
-x-
Old 04-28-2005, 10:04 AM   #12
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Hey!! 25 litre buckets, I think we used a maximum 0f 20 litre pots in the last grow, I cant wait to see the difference that will make along with the netting too.

And the clonies........no...........so sorry to hear about that :'( I'll take a leaf from Lucian's book and lower my head in a minute's silence....

So, today my seeds finally arrived from Holland! One of the Papaya's had already germinated in the wee baggie, there was a full on root popping out, so have dropped it straight in water, and it actually seems to be alive, the root damn-near visably swelled with water as soon as we dropped it in the glass.

We're germinating 2 of each variety, plus the 2 clones assuming they root (it's been 10 or 11 days now and not a peep of a root yet, but they still look healthy). The idea was, to have the clones ready to go under the HPS about 2 weeks before the seeds, but it's not looking like that's going to happen, so, I guess I'll deal with any space issues at a later date!

Anyway, a wee pic of things today, day 11 of 12/12..............plus the seeds...........

K
-x-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1212day11..JPG (62.0 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg seeds.JPG (37.3 KB, 96 views)
Old 04-28-2005, 10:27 AM   #13
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,765

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

sticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunk
sticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunk

Did you notice any difference with vegging using Mh?

Loking mighty fine I say mighty fine ....
Old 04-28-2005, 10:32 AM   #14
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Hiya Fingers of much stickiness!!

About the hallide....it makes a HELL of a difference. Much bushier plants when in 18/6, early sexing while still in 18/6, and since the plants have gone 12/12 and put on a stretch, I'm finding there are a lot more budsites than my last grow had........I'll have to go dig out a pic from the last grow so I can do a direct compare.... I also think (but don't quote me on this) that Alice might be another Nirvana Spesh (plant on the right) looks awful similar to Muff, but how many times have I caught myself saying that?? It's really too early to tell, but i's a lot of fun to try guess!!

K
-x-
Old 04-28-2005, 03:07 PM   #15
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,765

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

sticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunk
sticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunk

So take it your hoping to have another muff strain?

I will have to order a 1000w mh for my next grow
Old 04-28-2005, 03:34 PM   #16
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Actually, I was hoping for a skunk, mostly because I've not grown a skunk yet......erm, Muff was a Nirvana Special (indica/sativa cross white strain) which was very smooth & jolly grass............ basically the mix seeds I bought had 2 of each of these strains:

Pure Power Plant
Afghan
Master Kush
Nirvana Special
Skunk #1

So, far, I've had Afghan/Nirvana Spesh/Master Kush..........it's wishful thinking but I would have liked for these 2 plants to be skunk & pure power plant, that way I got to grow 1 of each!

And yeah, definately go with the hallide if you can....I was a bit sceptical about it making that much of a difference during veg, but it really has been worth it so far.......unfortunately a certain someone did not label their old piccies correctly, so I have nothing I can really throw up to compare, but certainly there are more internodes at this stage in 12/12 than there were in my last grow. I suppose the fact I'm also using a 400w light might be a factor too?

K
-x-
Old 04-29-2005, 08:16 AM   #17
farout

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 45,800,281

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

hey imperial! wooohooo! nice pics nice seeds! love the baggies too
Old 04-29-2005, 11:56 AM   #18
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Hey Jude!!

Glad to see your back again!! Heh, guess what?? I dropped those seeds in water yesterday, and ALL 4 have germinated!!

There are 4 little tiny white roots peeping out, so I'll have to get those out the water and into some soil this evening!!!

I'm in an incredibly good mood, could have something to do with white widdow?? Thanks!!! You know who you are!!!!

K
-x-

PS....gotta love the wee baggies that Nirvana put the seeds in, I get 'em stealth-shipped so they always come like that..
Old 05-02-2005, 08:30 AM   #19
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Just a wee post, um, it's day 15 of 12/12 today, and that seems to be both of the girls settling into the routine now.....got some visible budsites now instead of just a few random pistils, and the plants look like they're ready to get to putting on some major bulk!

Also, both baby Afghans have sprouted and are sat on my windowsill getting some light, just to make sure the cotelydons green up & fully open before I subject them to the somewhat hotter hallide! (I killed a seedling last time by sticking it under the hallide while it was still at the loop stage, eep)

No sign of the papayas yet...maybe they are so indica that they can't be bothered?!

Anyway, the closeup pic is what will (hopefully) become Janeway's main cola..............

K
-x-

EDIT: I should prolly mention that we've swapped the plants around....so the left plant is Alice now & the right plant is Janeway!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg starburstjanewayday151212..JPG (46.5 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg girlsday151212..JPG (56.8 KB, 76 views)
Old 05-02-2005, 08:40 AM   #20
farout

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 45,800,281

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

wow thye are beautiful!!!! cant wait till tomorrow to show my babies...
Old 05-03-2005, 09:00 AM   #21
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

I cant wait to see your little ones either Jude!! Congrats on the 2 NB sprouts too!!

OK, here's a pic of things under the hallide.......now, for some odd reason these Afghans have put on a hell of a stretch, literally overnight, they grew over an inch, before the seed had even come off the cotyledons....so, meh, I guess they're just really keen!!

As for the papayas, well, that one that came pre-germinated has died, I'm not surprised really, didn't think it would have much chance....so there's another one in some water now, just waiting on things to happen there.....

So, this pic from left to right is papaya, Afghan & Afghan.....erm, the papaya is about a day behind the other 2, and has only been under the hallide for about 2 hours, hence why it's still so tiny & fragile.....

I think I may have a lot of problems with heat in that room, need a decent thermometer, but I think we're bloody close to the high 20's..................

K
-x-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg afghanandpapayaday1186..JPG (48.9 KB, 73 views)
Old 05-03-2005, 09:00 PM   #22
The Pedobear Seal of Approval!

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,031,200

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Send a message via AIM to Tasha Send a message via MSN to Tasha

lol. nice, is the papaya a tropical strain?
I know that some of the tropical strains really need warm weather germinate properly. somewhere around 80 farenheight.

I can't wait until I go to vietnam and pick up some landrace satvia strains (...w00t, growing one of the orginal strains of pot is going to be fun!)
Old 05-04-2005, 11:12 AM   #23
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Hmm, lol, they are wee cuties Eez, I just hope they're females! Sweet, sweet females lol! Right, Papaya is an indica dom plant, it's KC Brains Mango crossed with something else (cant find that part out) although Mango has Afghani heritage, so maybe it's been re-crossed back with another Afghan or Maroc?? Meh..........

Um, I'd say it's a good bit slower than the pure Afghan, had it under the hallide for about 24 hours and the cotelydons were still folded over, so we've stuck it on the windowsill and within the hour there was a change, so I don't think it likes how warm things are in the hallide room..........temps sitting at 26c tho so that shouldn't be causing any problems?? Meh, lazy stoner plant!! Oh, the other papaya seed has now germed and is in soil, hopefully she will be putting in an appearance tomorrow?

Anyway, this is a pic of a Papaya girl.......enjoy......................

K
-x-
Old 05-05-2005, 08:53 AM   #24
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

ARGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!! God dammit, erm, some of you guys will remember the last Nirvana Spesh I grew and my constant fears that there were balls?? Not that there were, anyway, Alice, who is almost definately a Nirvana Spesh, has a feckin hermie flower..............

I only found the one, and to be honest, I've had my suspicions about that particular flower for the past 2 weeks, but it is a boygirl.

It has been chopped, and I've taken pic of the offending article, you can clearly see the male anthers (the shiny green banana-shaped structures) inside the female flower. So, what now?

There was only the 1, so I suppose it could be just that, but these hermies!! Argh, if I had more than 2 plants flowering, I would just butcher her/it right now, but I don't know if it's possible to have just the one hermie flower, or will this become more of a problem.........feck............just plain feck!

I think I'll have to write something up about Nirvana Spesh for the strain guides at Overgrow, seeing as there is little to no information about this strain & the 2 I have grown have both been very genetically unstable, to be honest, don't bother with it. It bloody-well better not get any ideas about shagging my other girl!

K
-x-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dodgyflower1.JPG (21.2 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg dodgyflower2.JPG (20.5 KB, 67 views)
Old 05-05-2005, 11:13 AM   #25
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Lucian jerks off manualy

Wow, Fly, that lady has alot of nice curves on her *nods* Nice portrait too with the velvet background. Pity about the hermi-flowers .. I had a few, it turned out, in my first grow but I think I found less than 7 seeds in 3.75 Oz's so there is hope it won't ruin everything. Maybe the female side of her will just keep him feeling guilty in the corner and he won't make too much fuss. Great looking plant tho *nod* It is hard to say from the scale of the photo but I would guess over 2 ounces you have there, easily.