Empty the chat input field
Loading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
Huh? Where am I??

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,995

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Imperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of rest

Kali Mist, Afghan, Papaya, Eclipe and Citral

Ok, this journal is going to be slow in the updating department....my damn digicam has died so I will be a wee while till I get a new one, so, I only have this one pic to get things started and even this is a few days old now.......

Have germed one of each of the varieties in a cup of water...

Kali Mist: Serious seeds
Citral: Homegrown Fantaseeds
Eclipse: Homegrown Fantaseeds
Papaya: Nirvana
Afghan: Nirvana

All germed within 24 hours, and were up and out the soil within 48 hours of being germed.......

I am using a slilghtly different lighting schedule during veg of 16/8......idea being it gives them a bit more of a rest, should cut down on the excesssive heat, and I veg for 6 weeks anyway, so I can wait a little longer if needed.

I'll also have a proper growtent by the time we get to 12/12...as I have some sort of light leakage issue in my floweering room judging by just how easy it is to get hermies, although I'm not ruling out that every hermie I get is Nirvana seeds too......we shall see..................

Anyway, kali mist is sativa, eclipe & citral are mixes, and papaya & aghan are indicas....pic is from day 3, but today is day 13, so they're further along.....I'll post again when I have the ability to post some pictures!

K
-x-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plantsday3of186..JPG (53.4 KB, 143 views)
Old 07-14-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,750

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Lucian jerks off manualy

Re: Kali Mist, Afghan, Papaya, Eclipe and Citral

Hi Fly! So first off, these are seeds you bought from your trip? Regardless, you have a nice mix going on on and I like the labelling job, it makes the grow look so....adult hehe. So the babies are all ready to bulk up under the MH?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:59 AM   #3
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Imperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of restImperialgodfly is celebrating shabas, the jewish day of rest

Yeah Lucian, I got the Citral and Eclipse from homegrown fantaseeds shop in Amsterdam, I actually got about 2g free citral from the guy, he said it was from the same mother plant as the seeds.....I guess he must've part-fertilised the female?? Either way, our favourite smokes in Amsterdam were citral, shiva, SAGE and NYC Diesel (which is good but we found it very short-lived stuff, you needed to smoke a lot)...so we got that, and the Eclipse is a hybrid but indica-dominant I think.......

And we're off and running, but this week has been very bad for temps, been 30c which is about as high as we can tolerate...but the weather forecats says it'll be cooler again, so that will help :)

Um, yeah, the papaya is dead...yet another hermie at 4 weeks 12/12.....this time the balls were present at the tops of every bud...odd, usually they're at the bottom......so, we have just the kush clone in 12/12 (her mother also hermied you may remember) but no signs of balls....if I remember right the mother plant hermined within the last 2 weeks, so I think that's not a pure herm, just a reaction to being nearly ready?

I have very 'high' hopes for the citral, which I was told is excellent for making hash.....not too sure how the eclipse will turn out, there's no reviews on OG, so, charting unknown waters there.......

Hows the BD doing??? I doubt you'll remember much from these past fews weeks, that was some serious AK47....I had some in the Dam, but it didn't look anywhere as good as yours and was only really average (tbh, most Dutch weed was a bit disappointing, plenty variety, but not as strong as homegrow)

K
-x-
Old 07-14-2005, 10:00 AM   #4
in need of a μse

Location: gated community, ivory tower, depends on who you ask
MIIDAJ? Scrill: 3,762,234,081,625

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

babies! they look beautiful and healthy fly!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:02 AM   #5
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

lol, thanks da.......I am surprised we've had to really raise the light due to the heat, but not too much stretching going on...just the Afghan, but every one I've ever grown stretches in the first 2 weeks.....duh-headed indicas........:)

K
-x-
Old 07-14-2005, 10:09 AM   #6
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

I wish I could grow again...but I am just not sure about it in the place I am in now...have two 400watt lamps in my closet but haven't felt safe enough to grow...
Old 07-14-2005, 10:18 AM   #7
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Aw, I know what you mean da...you have to go on gut feelings as a grower, if you don't feel safe, you don't grow...but if you get a new place, it might be possible to get those lamps up and have a good sized garden......

Ok, my camera now mysteriously works....it must have something to do with defragging?? Ugh, no idea...just glad I don't have to waste money on a new one....

And I'm talking shite about how old the babies are (had me wondering why the look so wee if it's 13 days)....its 6 days of 16/8 NOT 13....I am getting confused with all the scribbles on the calendar....

So, a pic just taken, and a pic of the kush clone.....starting to bulk up like her mum, but obviouslt it'll be nowhere near the yield.....still, it smells like kush in here which is a divine smell....and I won't be poaching this time, my brother is bringing on oz with him when he comes up for a visit in 2 weeks.....till then I have the papaya's cola to be smoked thru..

K
-x-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5aliveday6..JPG (69.9 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg kushcloneday33..JPG (84.8 KB, 138 views)
Old 07-14-2005, 10:20 AM   #8
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

Nice, yeah i just don't feel safe growing yet, I may never feel safe growing in the building I am in
Old 07-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #9
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,765

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

sticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunk
sticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunksticky is getting crunk

Happy growing
I think your wasting money on a grow tent a bit of black and white would sort it out if it is leakage?sounds like a sanitary towel lol but id bet its bad genitic seeds
why not use this grow with the good strains to see???
Old 07-17-2005, 01:40 PM   #10
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Ah, Sticky,

The plan is to have 2 tents in the same room, one on 16/8 and the other on 12/12. That way I can have both my grows in the same room, which means I can fully open the window and get some decent air flow around all the plants :)

I've asked the manufacturer about this and they claim that as long as the tents are built according to the instructions, I should be able to operate 2 light cycles in the same room.....

Anyway, just back from a great weekend in Aviemore, were away celebrating maggit's 28th birthday so we stayed overnight in a 5* hotel and went quad biking at the bottom of the Cairngorm mountains.....tres pleasant.........

And the plants look okay....a slight stretch as you can see but it's to be expected as I had to raise the light earlier in the week to combat the really high temps in the growroom....and this is far too early to make such guesses but I really think we have maybe got 5 girls? Oh I hope so for once!!

I also wonder how the 16/8 schedule is affecting them, if at all?

K
-x-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg babiesday10168..JPG (66.3 KB, 120 views)
Old 07-17-2005, 04:58 PM   #11
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,000,140

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

heat_blitz is going to go find a cash machineheat_blitz is going to go find a cash machineheat_blitz is going to go find a cash machineheat_blitz is going to go find a cash machineheat_blitz is going to go find a cash machineheat_blitz is going to go find a cash machineheat_blitz is going to go find a cash machine
heat_blitz is going to go find a cash machineheat_blitz is going to go find a cash machine

Nice to see you around the joint. I know I dont normally venture into the growroom too much, seeing as I really dont know much about plants.

Were these the seeds you brought back from amsterdam?

I was also going to ask where to get the best hash in amsterdam, as I am going over there in a weeks time for a holiday that will continue round the Netherlands.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:10 AM   #12
farout

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 45,800,281

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!stoned jude This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

JOY OH JOY!!! you are back!!!! nice plants love the babies!!! so glad you are back Karin -love jude
Old 07-18-2005, 07:51 AM   #13
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,000,000

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Kage Killa jerks off manualy

Looks good ImperialGodFly !! I have a couple of questions , if you dont mind .?

A. What size is your room ?
B. What is this tent you speak of ?
C. Why do you have the light at 16 and 8 ? possible heat factor ?
D. Do you use CO2 ?

A. My room is about 12 X 20
B. I use a Tarp to seperate the two rooms . No problems .
C. I have always read at least 18 and 6 for veg & you can give them 24 hours of light as long as you provide the nutrients required for more growth.
D. I do not use CO2 YET . I plan on changing that this grow .
Old 07-18-2005, 08:01 AM   #14
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,000,000

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Kage Killa jerks off manualy

Also from my experiments , It is my belief that feminized seeds are first generation hermaphrodites. I have done 3 different tests with feminized seeds . All the results were the same .

Feminized plant pollinated by male = 200 seeds - 165 were female with male parts showing during last 3 weeks .

Feminized plant self pollinated = 100 seeds - 92 were female , with male parts in the end.

Feminized plant cloned - Clones start showing male parts near end also .

This seems to get worse with each harvest . And the potency goes down as well .
Old 07-18-2005, 09:54 AM   #15
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Originally Posted by Kage Killa
Looks good ImperialGodFly !! I have a couple of questions , if you dont mind .?

A. What size is your room ?
B. What is this tent you speak of ?
C. Why do you have the light at 16 and 8 ? possible heat factor ?
D. Do you use CO2 ?

A. My room is about 12 X 20
B. I use a Tarp to seperate the two rooms . No problems .
C. I have always read at least 18 and 6 for veg & you can give them 24 hours of light as long as you provide the nutrients required for more growth.
D. I do not use CO2 YET . I plan on changing that this grow .
Right....

A: Our growroom is basically a double bedroom, but we have built a box that houses the plants...its about 2.5 foot wide, 2.75 foot long, and 6.5 foot tall..but no matter what I do I have small amounts of light leaking in the window, and I'm getting some light leaking in under the bedroom door, so I really think this may be affecting the gender of my girls...
B: With any luck this link will work, so I'll let the pic do the talking...

And this is an extract from the email I received regarding my question about just how lightproof these tents are....
"Sorry to hear of your troubles. The Growell Tents use total blackout which is a sheet of black plastic sandwiched between two sheets of white plastic, and is very effective at blocking out light.
As long as the tent is put together well, I see no reason why two of these tents should not solve your problem.
I hope this helps"

C: Yes, initially we switched from 18/6 to 16/8 (confusing!) because the temp was at 30c (86F aparently) and was looking like it wanted to go higher......we reaised the light, and put some icecubes into the grow but this only had miniscule effect, so we decided to experiment a little and drop 2 hours from the light schedule, figuring we give a minimum 6 week veg anyway so there was no hurry......having read about reducing the risk of males/hermaphroditism this light schedule was recommended (along with high humidity and low temps....epp, couldn't do that last one the other week!)

It seems week 4 of veg is the most critical time, I should'nt even be repotting at this stage!! Oh well, will make sure to keep things as stress-free as possible during this time :)

D: Co2....well, if you count just how long our cat likes to lie in the flowering room under the sodium, I suppose she generates a bit of Co2!! But, no, not using anything like that, nor ozone generators...just some soil, nutes and a bit of mylar plus the lights and some timers!!

Heat_Blitz: I only tried 2 types of hash...erm, Manali and Pollem and I was a bit disappointed with both, didn't find I got all that much from them....preferred the grass :) And yup, both the citral and Eclipse are seeds I brought back from Amsterdam, but everyone is doing equally well.....still curious if the slight difference in structure (smaller leaves but more prolific at this age) is being caused by the tweaked schedule?

And yeah on the hermies...I grew 5 plants who were all the children of a self-pollinated NB hermie....all 5 were hermie just like the parent plant, but took around 3-4 weeks to begin to develop male calyx (all were initially very female)...longer than the parent plant, but much more pronounced and more bananas at an early stage of 12/12.....any fem seed/hermies....if you know about it existing in a particular strain, just don't bother!!!

Will be curious to see if I get the problem licked by using a different breeder...every hermie I've ever had (all feckin 7) have been Nirvana: Northern Brights, Nirvana Special, Papaya, Master Kush (-still think this was plant-based and not a genetic issue as the hermie flowers appeared week 6.5-7 of 12/12)

K
-x-
Old 07-21-2005, 11:22 AM   #16
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,750

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Lucian jerks off manualy

Wow, KFly, that is quite an impressive setup you are running now. From the linked pic, how do you hang a light? I couldn't tell. Hopefully this grow will be wonderful for you *nods* As for my BD, I have three sproutlings under the MH along with an AK99 clone. I'll get off my lazy arse and start a new journal soon. Glad too hear you had a good time on your holiday tho I am suprised your review of Dutch weed being weak which must have been disappointing but am glad you got alot of new seeds to work with to try and end the Hermie problem. I am curious about the Eclipse...don't know anything about it but the name strikes my fancy...ow! ow!...
Old 07-21-2005, 09:25 PM   #17
The Pedobear Seal of Approval!

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,027,200

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Send a message via AIM to Tasha Send a message via MSN to Tasha

Just saying hi to my favorate fly.

Do join the maddness of the joint sometime.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:35 AM   #18
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,535

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

maggit jerks off manualy

Hi Tomo...

I'm sure she will but she's got a kidney infection at the moment so isn't likely to be posting anything...

J
-xx-
Old 07-22-2005, 09:19 AM   #19
The Pedobear Seal of Approval!

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,027,200

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Tasha This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Send a message via AIM to Tasha Send a message via MSN to Tasha

Kidney!? daaaamn.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:15 AM   #20
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Hahahahahahaha......guess what, I'm getting an ounce of killer stuff in about 4 hours, my big bro is visiting from down south and oh boy does he deal in weed :) He can get 30oz for 800.....which is why the greedy soab only ever sends me soapbar (and I do send him the money like)

Anyway, yeah....I have come back (obviously), but I've been working 9 days solid, then get a really bad kidney infection....I been literally screaming for days and I had to get a jab in the bum and WORSE a suppository!! My bottom is in a huff right now :(
Nothing but lots of back and forth to the doctors/pills/puking etc...nearly got admitted, but managed to stop puking so that's good and now I feel better than I did....it's like a bad trip, but physical pain where that mental pain would normally be...

So, I think the plants have been repotted, but I haven't seen them proper yet as this is the first time I've been vertical this week....I'll get back to ya on that one.....

Take it easy,
K
-x-
Old 07-23-2005, 09:04 AM   #21
Still Fonda's Man

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 6,861,165,545,990

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!pube This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

sorry about your health problems there IGF, sounds pretty serious, hope you get better!!
Old 07-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #22
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

get well soon fly...
Old 07-23-2005, 12:07 PM   #23
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

OMG cockface your avatar is simply genious hahahaha, I'm laughing so much its making me sore!! :)

Mucho K+

K
-x-
Old 07-24-2005, 08:08 AM   #24
Still Fonda's Man

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 6,861,165,545,990

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

hahaha. I think it's quite funny aswell. Feeling any better friend?
Old 07-24-2005, 08:13 AM   #25
Huh? Where am I??

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Yup...I have had a lot of joints today, now I have to think about leaving the house.......ugh.......but the urge for food is strong!!

I always meant to ask you, you're username...in Scots we'd pronouce that as 'Ehm saire' or 'I'm sore' in English....wondered if that had anything to do with the asses of much heatness or am I off on the wrong tangent again?!

K
-x-