Loading ...

Tags: grow, outdoor, soil, weed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
Amateur

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 13,001,805

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

xxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machine
xxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machine

Send a message via AIM to xxkmanxx
KMANs First Grow Journal

i few weeks ago a planted about five seeds in separate pots outdoors, i plan to put them in the ground when they get bigger, but I used crappy dirt from the ground. A few sprouted already, but i want to put them in good soil. But how do i go about removing them and replacing the soil?

thanks
Old 05-15-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
in need of a μse

Location: gated community, ivory tower, depends on who you ask
MIIDAJ? Scrill: 3,826,833,265,774

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!TheBagman This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Re: First Grow Help

So, you are moving them to the ground, or just different pots with new soil?
Do not expose the roots. Be extremely careful with the roots.
The less stress you put on the plant, especially early on, the less likely it will turn out female.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

xxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machine
xxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machinexxkmanxx is going to go find a cash machine

i was planning on moving them to the ground with new soil. should i just try to mix the new soil in, like dig a decent sized hole and put the good soil in, and transplant it, and then put more of the good soil on top of it? cause i wanted to like replace all the dirt soil with good soil.

thanks
Old 05-16-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

Depends on where you are planting them, and what the soil is like around it.
What's the soil like in teh area you plan on planting in? Also, are there any large, or lots of large trees nearby?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:48 AM   #5
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

The soil in the area isn't that good. there are trees nearby, but its not in the way of its sun intake. I'm planning to transplant them into the ground prob by the end of the week. I'm planning on using Scotts Premium Topsoil, since i cant find any Fox Farm soil anywhere without a 40 min drive. So is scotts a good soil to use? if not is Organic Choice Garden Soil good? 'cause those where the 2 main soils i saw at home depot.

thanks
Old 05-23-2007, 03:53 AM   #6
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

i also took some pics, its not all of the plants, but it gives you a good idea on how they're doing, i got a total of 15 that sprouted. the 1st 2 were taken on 5/18 and the last 2 were taken on 5/20. The tallest plant has some spots on its leaves idk whats up with that. I also wanted to know after i transplant them, when should i start using fertilizer and what is a good ferilizer brand. i hear that a 20-20-20 solution is good for the veg stage, am i correct?

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 518-1.jpg (27.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 518-2.jpg (22.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 520-1.jpg (23.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 520-2.jpg (27.9 KB, 43 views)
Old 05-23-2007, 03:56 AM   #7
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

If they are still just seedlings then, yeah, just some plain non pre-fertalized soil should do. I'm not too familiar with out doors growing, but I've read the problem with trees especially the larger ones is their roots give off some acid into the soil and can stress and kill especially younger plants.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:07 AM   #8
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

yeah a diluted mixture of the 20-20-20 should do, probably won't really need it for the first few weeks... but outside, I'd probably go organic... manure, worm castings, blood&bone meal, stuff like that... I dunno, I'd consider it anyways... haven't really read up much on growing out doors...
Old 05-23-2007, 04:09 AM   #9
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

alright yeah.....they're no where near any trees. pretty much in a grassy field. Theres trees in the distance, but not close to my babies.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:14 AM   #10
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

i would go organic, but idk cause it seems kinda complicated, since its my 1st grow. i think im jus gonna keep it simple and use some chem ferts. Like Miracle Grow or RapidGrow.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:34 AM   #11
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

The spotting is probably due to a nutrient deficiency. It could be caused by a lack of nutrients in the soil, or a high pH which would aid in preventing the nutrients being sucked up by the roots. I'd check the pH and see if it needs to be adjusted. If the pH ends up being ok, try using a diluted fert mixture with your next watering. At this young stage you don't want to fert it too much as to not risk nute burn.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:35 AM   #12
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

how can i test the ph levels? do i jus buy ph paper? and like i guess put the paper in the soil? ive never used any ph testers before.

thanks
Old 05-23-2007, 04:44 AM   #13
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

You can get a soil pH testing kit at a local garden center, or online.

I would advise against the ones with the meter, with the metal spikes that go into the ground as they have always seemed inaccurate to me. The best ones to get are where you put the soil in the tube and put a couple drops of the solution in, and wait a while and the color it changes to tells you what your pH level is.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #14
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

okay.....im prob gonna transplant them into the ground tomorrow......and i'm gonna be using Scotts Premium Topsoil. Should i get some perlite, i have no idea what its used for, but i know people mix it in their soil. Is it for like drainage, absorbs the water or something?

thanks
Old 05-23-2007, 01:18 PM   #15
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

Yeah, perlite is used for aeration. Allows for good water drainage, and gets air to the roots.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #16
crippling sanctions

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 20,163,362

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!FilLaB0NG12 This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

those are some healthy looking babies... I planted 50seeds in 20 I guess I'll call them cups 3-4 days ago but as of last night there was no sign of life, sucks out here is all forest, no matter where I put them they will be neeeeeear trees.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #17
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

update: I took 4 pics this morning.

Its really hard taking pics with my cell phone when the sun is shinning bright on my cell and i cant even see the screen.

I plan to transplant my babies in the ground tomorrow, I'm prob gonna use Scotts Premium Topsoil. I'll Take more pics after i do the transplant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 523-1.jpg (23.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 523-2.jpg (23.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 523-3.jpg (26.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 523-4.jpg (23.5 KB, 34 views)
Old 05-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #18
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

i didn't see your post BagMan, i prob should use some perlite. Can i get that stuff at Home Depot or Walmart or something? and how much of it should i mix in with my soil?

thanks
Old 05-23-2007, 11:10 PM   #19
Way she goes, boys.

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 496,660

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!
Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!Elroy This motherfucker is the crunkest of the crunk!

Oh yea those are ready for big pots Good luck!
Old 05-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #20
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

Originally Posted by xxkmanxx View Post
i didn't see your post BagMan, i prob should use some perlite. Can i get that stuff at Home Depot or Walmart or something? and how much of it should i mix in with my soil?

thanks
Yeah, the garden centers of your local major department store should have it, if not then a local garden store.

But, it's probably not necessary. It just adds to the aeration.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:55 AM   #21
crippling sanctions

MIIDAJ? Scrill: 20,163,362

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Re: KMANs First Grow Journal

if those cock suckers sprouted in regular old dirt, I'd say that's a good sign
Old 05-24-2007, 03:08 AM   #22
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

Haha, Fillabong i like how you phrased that.....but yeah i have faith in these plants. I've never grown before, so i really hope this all works out......and im really excited.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:42 AM   #23
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

alright so i finally picked up 2 bags of Scotts Premium Topsoil, and it says it contains Peat Moss.....is peat moss good for growing? I haven't transplanted yet, going to do that tomorrow. and im going to transplant it into an area that gets more sun.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:49 AM   #24
in need of a μse

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20

hm, I don't think that's a bad thing. Should be fine as long as it's just plain soil with peat moss, and no other additional time release ferts or anything.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:54 AM   #25
Amateur

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20

pic update:

taken earlier today.....5-24

let me know what you guys think.....start posting some comments :)

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture001.jpg (25.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Picture059.jpg (24.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Picture055.jpg (22.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Picture028.jpg (23.3 KB, 20 views)